Welcome to the Community Education Project
The Community Education Project (CEP) established in 1997 is an OMH reinvestment initiative. The Community Education Project is a collaboration of Otsego County Service Providers. The program’s overall goal is to implement educational opportunities and distribute information to various community groups and the general public regarding mental illness. Over the years the Community Educational Project has hosted numerous public educational programs, produced a Guide to Mental Health Services and has developed a small library were individuals from the community can access resources pertaining to mental health issues.
Our goal is to have the Community Education Project become a vehicle for a coalition of mental health providers to be able to use in order to reach out to the community regarding services and educational events.
- New York State Rehabilitation Association
- Association for Community Living.
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill
Located at 35 Main Street Oneonta, NY
Open to the public - Wed. 3-6 and Fri. 12-3
Information and Resources
- NAMI Helpline Fact Sheets
- National Clearinghouse of Rehabilitation Training Materials
- Consumer Website for Handling Your Mental Illness at Work and School
- Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation
- Internet Mental Health
- Mental Health Net
- Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law
- Dr. Grohol's Mental Health Page